EBAA Emergency Response Guidance Manual
International Standards (Annexe 6 of ICAO) specify requirements for a Safety Management System, including an Emergency Response Plan (ERP). The compliance date for ICAO Member States to begin implementation of these standards is November 2010. Are you ready for the unexpected and do you meet these standards?
An EBAA survey conducted at the end of 2009 indicated that:
- just under one-third of business aircraft operators do not possess an Emergency Response Plan,
- many do not have an incident alert process in place,
- less than half have departmental response procedures,
- most have not provided emergency response training, and
- just under half have never tested or exercised their response plans.
For European operators that do not have the necessary policies and procedures in place to respond effectively to a major incident or accident – any time, any place – help is at hand in the form of an Emergency Response Planning Guidance Manual.
The ERP Guidance Manual is available to all business aircraft operators.
EBAA members: €300