December 21, 2018
The EBAA is looking for full-time Convention and Events Sales Manager
Start: as soon as possible
Reporting to the Senior Events Manager, the Convention and Events Sales Manager will support the Events team with respect to sales, planning, execution and budget on a variety of events big and small.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contact prospects to pitch the events, negotiate and leverage sales and follow up with them to confirm their commitment and sign contracts.
- Business development – Define KPIs – Exhibitors and sponsors for events, prepare plans to achieve designated goals, ‘hunting’ lists, regular updating.
- Create Sponsorship and Exhibition packages, terms and conditions and pricing together with the Finance Department
- Collaborate closely with the EBAA Communications/Marketing team to raise and leverage awareness of EBAA events, participation and follow-up.
- Ensure that the events are properly placed on the internal and external websites
- Ensure the (membership) CRM is up to date with all the relevant (sales) contact information
- Support cost analysis for any sponsorship related matters with Finance Department.
- Sales Status/Financial reporting – report results to management on a regular basis.
- Contribute to the planning, execution (including logistics) and follow-up of ‘premier’ level EBAA conventions and events, including regular benchmarking.
- Manage and coordinate social events (private meetings, receptions, dinners, etc.) and benchmark accordingly, including innovative formats.
- Support the Senior Events Manager in monitoring the relevant budget and forecast and status updates.
- Support the Senior Events Manager to select cities, venues and suppliers, running relevant bidding and RFP processes; and manage supplier and industry professional relationships if requested.
- Represent EBAA at external events organised by third parties.
- Work on any other ad hoc projects as required.
- Have a Bachelor and/or Master degree, preferably in Marketing and Communications or Tourism/Event Management, however work experience is a valuable alternative
- You have a proven 5 years of track record and experience leading sales
- You have a strong dynamic and driven personality, ready to make a difference
- You always think in a client centric way
- You have a strong commercial drive
- you are dynamic, like to take initiatives
- Be a good, confident communicator with English native-equivalent writing and verbal skills
- Be a team player with the ability to take the lead and work autonomously when necessary
- Ideally speak 1-2 other European languages, particularly French
- Be a good negotiator with experience in procuring and managing external services
- Be open-minded, stress resistant, flexible, multitasking and ready to travel
- Be assertive and respectful
- Ideally have some previous experience in the aviation, travel or transportation sectors
- Be excited about working to promote the interests of the European business aviation community
Please submit applications (CV with a cover letter) by 31st January 2019.
Please send your resume to Ms Christine Mairesse (email@example.com).