Representing more than 700 aircraft operators, ground services, business airports and the wider ecosystem around business aviation, the European Business Aviation Association (EBAA) exists to enable responsible, sustainable growth for business aviation, enhancing connectivity and creating opportunities. EBAA was founded in 1977 to defend the interests of business aviation and provides value to its members and society by promoting best practices in safety and environmental sustainability, efficient and proportionate rule-making and increased connectivity within Europe.
For our growing portfolio of member-oriented events the EBAA is looking for a Freelance Convention and Events Sales Officer who can support some of the events on a day to day basis
Start: as soon as possible.
The Convention and Events Sales Officer will actively find participants, exhibitors and sponsors for the growing number of industry leading events that the EBAA organises
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contact prospects to pitch the events, negotiate and leverage sales and follow up with them to confirm their commitment and sign contracts.
- Business development – Define KPIs – Exhibitors and sponsors for events, prepare plans to achieve designated goals, ‘hunting’ lists, regular updating.
- Create Sponsorship and Exhibition packages, terms and conditions and pricing together with the Finance Department
- Collaborate closely with the EBAA Communications/Marketing team to raise and leverage awareness of EBAA events, participation and follow-up.
- Ensure that the events are properly placed on the internal and external websites as well as social media.
- Ensure the EBAA CRM is up to date with all relevant sales contact data.
- Support cost analysis for any sponsorship related matters with Finance Department.
- Sales Status/Financial data – report results to management on a regular basis.
- Contribute to the planning, execution (including logistics) and follow-up of ‘premier’ level EBAA conventions and events, including regular benchmarking.
- Represent EBAA at external events organised by third parties.
- Work on any other ad hoc projects as required.
- Have a least a Bachelor degree, preferably in Marketing and Communications or Tourism/Event Management, however, work experience is a valuable alternative.
- You have a track record in sales and developing sales pipelines
- You have a strong dynamic and driven personality, able to make a difference
- You always think in a client-centric way
- You have a strong commercial drive
- You are dynamic and like to take initiatives
- Be a good, confident communicator with English native-equivalent writing and verbal skills
- Ideally speak 1-2 other European languages, particularly French
- Be a team player with the ability to take the lead and work autonomously when necessary
- Be open-minded, stress resistant, flexible, multitasking and ready to travel
- Be assertive and respectful
- Ideally have some previous experience in the aviation, travel or transportation sectors
- Be excited about promoting the interests of the European business aviation community
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work for the recognised voice of business aviation in Europe representing over 700 members.
- International and dynamic office in the heart of Brussels.
- Open culture which encourages responsibility alongside collaboration.
- Career development and training opportunities
- Independent contract
Please submit applications (CV with a cover letter) by 30 June 2019.
Please send your resume to Ms Christine Mairesse (email@example.com).