The European Business Aviation Association (EBAA) is the leading organisation for operators of business aircraft in Europe. EBAA represents more than 700 companies from across the entire value chain of the European Business aviation industry. It is our mission to enable responsible, sustainable growth for Business aviation, enhancing connectivity and creating opportunities.
Full Time Events Manager
Representing more than 700 aircraft operators, ground services, business airports and the wider ecosystem around business aviation, the European Business Aviation Association (EBAA) exists to enable responsible, sustainable growth for business aviation, enhancing connectivity and creating opportunities.
EBAA was founded in 1977 to defend the interests of business aviation and provides value to its members and society by promoting best practices in safety and environmental sustainability, efficient and proportionate rule-making and increased connectivity within Europe.
The EBAA has a small team of international professionals based in our Brussels office, who support our European members. The position will be based in our beautiful offices but also requires some European travels.
This job is an excellent position for a event manager who really “owns” 4 events the EBAA organises for its members. In addition to the event logistics you will also take care of the digital marketing of these events, together with the Communications Manager. Last but not least, you will be helping our teams with the organisation and running of smaller meetings.
- Contribute to the planning, execution (including logistics) and follow-up of ‘premier’ level EBAA conventions and events, including regular benchmarking to ensure leading edge status; both “in persona” and/or virtually;
- Contribute to the organization of the Annual General Meeting and other governance meetings; both “in persona” and/or virtually;
- Manage and coordinate social events (private meetings, receptions, dinners, etc.) and benchmark accordingly, including innovative formats;
- Monitoring the relevant budget and forecast and status updates; dotted-line reporting to the CFO on budgeting and financial issues;
- Select cities, venues, suppliers running relevant bidding and RFP processes; manage supplier and industry professional relationships;
- Collaborate closely with the EBAA Communications/Marketing team to leverage the awareness of EBAA events, participation and follow-up;
- Manage events marketing campaigns (emailing and social media campaigns for public events);
- Be fully up to speed in organising online events;
- Create with external agencies Marketing collateral for EBAA events;
- Maintain and update the event websites for the relevant events;
- Business development: Define KPIs. Exhibitors and sponsors for event, prepare plan to achieve designated goals, ‘hunting’ lists, regular updating;
- Exhibition/Sponsorship Sales: contact clients to negotiate and leverage sales, follow up with them to confirm their commitment and sign contracts;
- Sales Status/Financial reporting: report results to CFO/management on a regular basis;
- Coordinate site inspection trips when required: agenda drafting and accommodation booking for the Events team members accordingly;
- Represent EBAA at external events organised by third parties;
- Work on any other ad hoc projects as required.
- Have at least a Bachelor degree, preferably in Marketing and Communication or Tourism/Event Management, however work experience is a valuable alternative;
- Have relevant event manager experience working for an agency and/or in a corporate communication, events and/or marketing department;
- Be able to deliver a number of events on his/her own, in a hands-on, autonomous manner;
- Be a good, confident communicator with English native-equivalent writing and verbal skills;
- Be a team player with the ability to take the lead and work autonomously when necessary;
- Be a good negotiator with experience in procuring and managing external services;
- Be open-minded, stress resistant, flexible, multitasking and ready to travel;
- Be assertive and respectful;
- Ideally have some previous experience in the aviation, travel or transportation sectors;
- Be excited about working to promote the interests of the European business aviation community.
Please submit your application (CV with a cover letter) by March 31st, 2022 to Christine Mairesse (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We are confident that you will understand that in consideration of the large number of applications that we anticipate, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.