Full Time Administration and Human Resources Officer
The European Business Aviation Association (EBAA), the leading Association for Business Aviation in Europe, represents the interests of close to 750 Business Aviation Companies operating a combined fleet of more than 1,000 aircraft.
EBAA endeavours to promote Business Aviation as a key component of air transport, serving the European economy and the society.
EBAA was founded in 1977 to defend the interests of business aviation and provides value to its members and society by promoting best practices in safety and environmental sustainability, efficient and proportionate rule-making and increased connectivity within Europe. For more information, visit www.ebaa.org.
EBAA has a small team of international professionals who support our European Members. The position is based in our Brussels offices. As an essential pillar to the Admin, HR and Finances department, you are expected to assume and drive a multitude of tasks and projects under the leadership of the CFO to whom you will report.
You will contribute to the general management of the office, including a.o.: accounting, billing, office management, human resources and payroll. Your job will include a number of responsibilities, which can vary from day to day.
Your multi-faceted tasks will include but won’t be limited to:
- Controlling and processing invoices, Staff Members’ expense notes and credit cards statements with appropriate coding and accounts; ensuring on-time and accurate accounts payable; seeking and checking approvals from respective Managers before payment;
- Processing manual payments by credit card whenever requested (Membership invoices, participation in events, etc); generating reports and providing weekly feedback to the Accountants
2) Human Resources:
- Regular, daily checks, of leaves and absences of each Staff Member in the office, gathering (medical) certificates and justifications whenever appropriate; keeping track and updating of HR calendar;
- Monitoring and assessing of applicable legislation with respect to the Staff;
- Maintaining contact with Staff Members on a regular basis to ensure an optimal and harmonious follow-up of the Team;
- Participating in hiring selections; observing and assessing the soft skills to provide guidance about whether or not candidates would be the proper match to mingle with the team, while main stakeholders (Managers) assess the actual professional capacities;
- Registering new Employees, drafting contracts, establishing the appropriate contacts related to their benefits and ensuring the relevant follow-up (Insurances, pension plan, transport, etc.) and making sure they receive all the information they need;
- Updating the Staff Manual and the Vade-Mecum documents as necessary to be handed over to all Staff Members;
- Ensuring the administration of the monthly salaries (before and after); gathering new codes, procedures, etc.; ensuring on-time and accurate payments of the salary;
- Identifying, suggesting and taking care of the relevant arrangements for optimal training (or e-training) courses that would benefit both the Staff Member and EBAA; updating summary document which includes prices, domains, etc;
- Co-ordinating KPI’s document and procedures as per the applicable policy.
3) Administration and Office Management
- (Re-)organisation, maintenance, archiving and storage of the various binders and e-folders in the office (Suppliers, Contracts, Office, etc) and updating them in real time; smoothen transition to more electronic filing procedures in line with the future and with the environment (except when otherwise legally required);
- Keeping storage room (basement) organised; moving binders downstairs in accordance with needs and age; organizing destruction of old documents;
- Ordering and managing office supplies with due diligence; ensuring the proper tools are available to the team to perform their work within the frame of the budget;
- Providing leadership and guidance concerning the various tasks to be performed in turns by the team;
- Monitoring the infrastructure of the office in order to ensure and optimise a safe, modern and efficient working environment: IT, phones, lighting, access to the office, appliances, etc.; being the main point of contact with IT and building management;
- Managing several e-mail inboxes such as “finances” and “hr-and-admin”; processing or dispatching mails and tasks whenever appropriate.
4) Board of Governors and Members
Board of Governors Logistics
- Taking care of the details related to the organisation of BoG Meetings such as sending invitations and documents; assessing and mapping venues and reservations well in advance in order to ensure smooth meetings;
- Ensuring all legal aspects are respected; drafting minutes after each meeting as well as a proper filing (goals and processes);
General Assembly of Members
- Ensuring all legal aspects are respected; providing all necessary documents related to the discharge and re-election of the Governors; liaising with the notary/lawyers for later publication in the Moniteur Belge and in the UBO Register.
We are looking for a reliable, detail-oriented, meticulous and flexible person, highly engaged and respectful of deadlines, with
- Proven relevant education and experience in accounting and HR management;
- Very good English (both oral and written), with French and/or Dutch ;
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite and more particularly Excel and Power Point;
- Experience with Belgian accounting software (e.g. BOB 50) is a plus;
- Your ability to multitask and manage time wisely as well as to deal with pressure during certain times are important to your successful performance;
- Your diplomacy, your sense of confidentiality, your interpersonal and communication skills, will be of prime importance.
If you believe you are the ideal candidate for this position, please send your application (CV with a cover letter) before December 12th, 2023 to email@example.com; subject: Full Time Administration and Human Resources Officer. We look forward to hearing from you!
We are confident that you will understand that in consideration of the large number of applications that we anticipate, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.